Here is a recap of the ad brochure handed out by Tega Cay Mayor candidates Bob Runde and George Sheppard
George Sheppard’s Brouchure
As your Mayor, I would like to preserve the sense of family and community that is so widespread in Tega Cay. My family and I have lived in Tega Cay for nearly 4 years after moving for the School District and falling in love with the community.
Serving on Council for 22 months as Mayor Pro Tempore, I now want to serve as your Mayor. I will work with the Chamber of Commerce and the Developer’s of the Stonecrest area towards completing the many undeveloped commercial acres already a part of our city. While I am not against responsible annexation that will demonstrate a true financial benefit for the citizens of Tega Cay, I oppose shoestring annexation with no apparent NEED or significant fiscal benefit*.
We have many needs that must be met in the near term such as Parks and Public Safety. Fire hydrants should be a high priority of the City before additional annexation. This has been an issue for too many years and needs to be addressed asap. I believe that these is¬sues will Preserve Tega Cay.
As Mayor, I will be open and for the residents. I will strive to limit FOIA requests as I want you to know what is going on in your city.
Thank you for the opportunity I have to serve the people of Tega Cay and to further serve you as Mayor!
VOTE NOVEMBER 3RD For: A NEW MAYOR WITH SHEPPARD Who listens to and will consult with residents.
NEW COUNCIL MEMBERS who will represent the WHOLE community.
A NEW OUTLOOK A TEAM working for the community.
VOTE NOVEMBER 3RD For: OPEN GOVERNMENT NO BACK ROOM DEALS
GEORGE WILL STRIVE FOR:
Limited Executive sessions
Open communication (limited FOIA)
Council sessions available on the web
Council sessions rerun on Channel 19
Readily available minutes/copies of meetings
VOTE NOVEMBER 3RD For: FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
Expense reduction by:
• Stopping ALL needless spending.
• SUBSTANTIALLY reduce costly fees including legal fees.
• Eliminate retrogressive shoe string annexation.
• Open community budget reviews.
ADD revenue gains by:
• Focusing on finishing the acres of commercial property at Stonecrest/ Walmart area.
• Promote & develop a “Profitable” golf club and community center operations.
• Promote normal growth i.e. adds tax revenue
ALL this means expenses GO DOWN and our revenues GO UP so that we can reach full contingency goals and REDUCE OUR DEBT.
A VOTE for GEORGE SHEPPARD will get you a NEW face of Council. A CHANCE to make a real CHANGE to preserve and bring together the Tega Cay we all love!
Download a copy of the George Sheppard brochure
Bob Runde’s Brouchure
• Father of 4 and grandfather of 5
.37 year resident of Tega Cay
• Committed to being a FULL TIME MAYOR
• Married to Ceil for 47 years
• Retired CEO
Bob’s Vested Interests Include
• Expanding Recreational Fields and Facilities
• Continuing to Increase the City’s Net Worth
• Managing Commercial Annexation (Needed to Expand City Reserves)
• Fiscal Responsibility
• Managing Balanced Budgets
• Encouraging Expanded Volunteer Opportunities
• Continues Support of Open Forum Council Meetings
• Starting Construction of Catawba Park
• Supporting Law Enforcement, Highlighting Safety & Security
Download a copy of the Bob Runde bochure