The Fort Mill Care Center is busy because of the high unemployment rate. The Fort Mill Care Center reported for the two months September and October 2009), they:
• Gave out 48,797 lbs of food!
• Paid out $31,294 in utilities!
• Paid out $7,695 for prescriptions!
The Fort Mill Care Center has been around for 42 years and is a voluntary non-profit organization of concerned citizens who assist with the immediate needs of other citizens in the town of Fort Mill, South Carolina.
Their emphasis is helping families who find themselves in need of basic necessities with food, fuel, power, heat, and medicine . In addition, the Care Center assists with counseling, or guidance via other agencies that can help.
The Fort Mill Care Center is always in need of
- Canned goods, boxed and bagged foods. Basic Care Needs like toiletries, hand and face soaps, shampoo, etc.
- Baby/Toddler Care Needs like all sizes of diapers, and other baby care items.
- Money, Gift Cards, Unopened Toys School supplies/backpacks…
- And of course ypu can volunteer your time to help sort, and bag items.
The Care Center has planned in December a Santa’s Helper and Christmas Dinner Program. For more information go to the Fort Mill Care Centers Website or contact the Care Center. The Care Center is located at 513 Banks St., Fort Mill, SC.